6394-11 Gaming Pit Boss
Supervises and coordinates the activities of casino gaming inspectors and dealers engaged in calling games and dealing cards in gambling casinos.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- ensures that games operating in a pit run smoothly
- monitors cash drops to cashiers and chip transactions
- observes incidents and settles disputes arising at gaming tables
- organises staff meal breaks and other breaks
- manages hourly reports and input of data into computers
- conducts staff appraisals, counselling, discipline and on-the-job training
- compiles end-of-shift reports and reports to management on gaming operations
- ensures compliance with occupational health and safety and other legislative and policy requirements
- determines labour requirements and assigns tasks to workers
- maintains attendance records, rosters staff and arranges for relieving or additional staff as required