9999-15 Mechanic's Assistant
Assists motor mechanics by performing routine mechanical tasks.
The entry requirement for this occupation is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- raises vehicles using hydraulic hoists or jacks
- assists motor mechanics to dismantle or remove engine assemblies, transmissions, steering mechanisms and other components
- assists motor mechanics to repair or replace worn or defective parts, and re-assembles mechanical components
- assists motor mechanics to repair and reinstall sub-assemblies
- changes oil and filters and carries out lubrication and re-fuelling
- carries tools and materials to and from workbenches
- clears and cleans workshop, working surfaces and tools and equipment