UNIT GROUP 2392 VETERINARIANS
VETERINARIANS diagnose, treat and prevent animal diseases, ailments and injuries.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification.
- treating animals medically and surgically, administering and prescribing drugs, analgesics, general or local anaesthetics
- determining the presence and nature of abnormal conditions by physical examination and by using diagnostic techniques including laboratory tests and X-ray examinations
- performing surgery, dressing wounds and setting broken bones
- rendering obstetric services to animals
- participating in programs designed to prevent the occurrence and spread of animal diseases
- inoculating animals against, and testing for, infectious diseases and notifying authorities of outbreaks of infectious animal diseases