2129-19 Industrial Engineer
Investigates and reviews the utilisation of personnel, facilities, equipment and materials, current operational processes and established practices, to recommend improvement in the efficiency of operations in a variety of commercial, industrial and production environments.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- studies functional statements, organisational charts and project information, to determine functions and responsibilities of workers and work units and to identify areas of duplication
- establishes work measurement programs and analyses work samples to develop standards for labour utilisation
- analyses workforce utilisation, facility layout, operational data, and production schedules and costs to determine optimum worker and equipment efficiencies
- liaises with statutory bodies responsible for environmental laws
- investigates material waste, restructures job functions and recommends work area relocations and equipment purchases
- implements quality management procedures
- may develop management and other systems for job evaluation, cost analysis, financial planning and wage or salary administration