4315-13 Business Machine Mechanic
Maintains, adjusts and repairs typewriters, calculators, cash registers and other commercial and office machines.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification.
- examines and operates machines, and consults customers to determine causes of malfunctions
- disassembles machines and examines components
- repairs or replaces defective parts
- reassembles, test-operates and adjusts machines
- cleans machine parts and interiors of machines
- undertakes routine work on electrical or electronic components by repairing or replacing faulty parts or wiring
- uses electrical and electronic testing equipment
- advises users of correct operating procedures to prevent malfunctions