9222-11 Packager and Container Filler
Fills and seals containers with products such as food, drinks, paints, oils and lotions and packages the filled containers.
The entry requirement for this occupation is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- fills paper, cardboard, foil, plastic, glass or metal containers with food, drinks, oils, lotions or other commodities and wraps or seals them
- monitors the filling of containers and adjusts machines to maintain volume and seal quality
- monitors the supply and quality of containers and contents of holding tanks
- checks the cleanliness and operation of machines, equipment and containers
- takes samples for quality control
- stacks filled containers
- compresses and binds materials for transportation
- monitors the functioning of code or date stamping machinery
- operates machines to glue labels on to containers
- places plastic envelopes over stacked packages and heats to shrink and tighten envelopes
- cleans work areas and machines
Baling or Compression Machine Operator
Strapping Machine Attendant