4431-19 Mechanical Services and Airconditioning Plumber
Installs, maintains and repairs piping, ducting and equipment for heating, cooling and ventilation of buildings or vessels.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. Registration or licensing is required.
- fabricates and installs piping for steam, water and other services
- installs small bore heating systems
- installs ducting constructed from sheet materials for heating, ventilation and airconditioning (HVAC) systems and exhaust systems
- assembles and installs fabricated components and equipment for mechanical services
- assembles and installs machinery, air handling equipment and unitary air- conditioning equipment
- installs flexible duct systems and air terminal devices
- may install non-flammable medical gas systems
- may carry out basic commissioning of air and water systems
- may install thermal or acoustic insulation materials to ducting, piping or air handling equipment
- may carry out leak testing of duct systems
- may carry out maintenance of mechanical services and airconditioning equipment