2534-21 Technical Writer
Researches and writes information-based material for articles, manuals, text books, handbooks, and other multi-media products, usually for education or corporate purposes.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- conducts research and collates background material
- plans and organises material and composes draft manuscripts
- revises work, ensuring technical accuracy
- ensures the work fulfills the intended purpose and meets the brief for the work
- submits work for comment and editing for publication
- formats and re-edits material