3212-13 Futures Trader
Buys and sells commodity futures on behalf of clients.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing is required.
- executes orders in the market on behalf of their clients
- monitors futures prices and market changes and bids for commodity futures contracts
- relays trade information to clients, including the number of contracts bought or sold and the price
- completes trade records, such as trading slips
- provides completed records to the Futures Exchange Clearing House for registration