Electronic Equipment Tradesperson
Radio and Television Repairer
Maintains, adjusts and repairs radio and television receivers, and related audio and visual reproduction equipment such as tape recorders and video cassette recorders.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification.
- identifies nature of equipment malfunction
- monitors radio and television reception to assist in diagnosing faults
- removes protective coverings to gain access to equipment
- performs voltage and resistance tests and waveform checks, using electronic test equipment
- adjusts or replaces faulty parts
- tests electronic circuitry, resistors and capacitors
- records servicing time and replacement parts used
- installs television sets and antennas on clients' premises
- adjusts controls of colour receivers using colour bar generators
- may accept payment and issue receipt for service
- may examine and repair motors of record turntables and tape recorders