2493-11 Education Officer
Conducts educational research and develops course curricula and associated teaching materials for use by educational institutions.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification.
- consults with teachers, principals and administrative officials of educational institutions to coordinate educational programs and provide advice
- identifies and evaluates developments in education by conducting research into educational systems
- serves on committees to identify present and future needs within the educational system, and plan, develop and modify facilities and programs
- documents subjects and courses developed, and evaluates new courses
- organises and conducts workshops and conferences to train teachers in new programs and methods
- applies knowledge of learning processes and school structures to develop operational and training programs and submits them for decision and funding
- undertakes school reviews, teacher assessment and educational planning in primary and secondary schools
- prepares reports and information papers
- reports on needs arising from subject development and student capabilities
- may assess the suitability of teachers for promotion or further training
- may provide support and advice to parents teaching their own children in remote areas
Curriculum Advisory Teacher
Home-School Liaison Officer