UNIT GROUP 2534 JOURNALISTS AND RELATED PROFESSIONALS
JOURNALISTS AND RELATED PROFESSIONALS write and edit news reports, commentaries and feature stories for presentation by print or electronic media or compose written material to advertise products or services.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- making decisions about the specific content of publications in conjunction with other senior editors and in accordance with editorial policies and guidelines
- collecting and analysing facts about newsworthy events from interviews, printed matter, investigations and observations
- reviewing copy for publication to ensure conformity with accepted rules of grammar, style and format, coherence of story, accuracy and legality of content
- determining advertising approach by consulting client and management, and studying product
- writing news reports, commentaries on topics of public interest, feature stories and newspaper headlines
- plans and writes text and headlines for brochures and press releases