2523-11 Urban and Regional Planner
Develops and implements plans and policies for the controlled use of urban and rural land, and advises on economic, environmental and social needs of land areas.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification.
- compiles and analyses data on economic, legal, political, cultural, demographic, sociological, physical and environmental factors affecting land use
- confers with government authorities, communities, architects, social scientists, lawyers, and planning, development and environmental specialists
- devises and recommends use and development of land and presents narrative and graphic plans, programs and designs to groups and individuals
- recommends measures affecting land use, the environment, public utilities, community facilities, housing and transportation
- advises governments and organisations on urban and regional planning and resource planning
- may supervise and control the work of associates and technicians
Traffic and Transport Planner