7111-21 Excavator Operator
Operates heavy excavation equipment to excavate, move and load earth, rock or rubble.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience. Registration or licensing is required.
- loads and unloads plant from floats and manoeuvres plant around work sites
- controls plant during excavating operations
- works from drawings and markers under the direction of supervisors and engineers
- selects and changes excavator attachments such as shovel blades, buckets, pile drivers and rock breaking hammers
- starts up and adjusts compressor units or connects hydraulic hoses
- cleans, lubricates and refuels equipment, and adjusts clutches, brakes, belts and cables
- replaces cutting edges, teeth, sheer pins, blades, cables and bolts
Hydraulic Rockbreaker Operator
Trench Digging Machine Operator