2492-11 English as a Second Language Teacher
Teaches special classes in English to students whose first language is not English.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification.
- diagnoses and assesses the extent of language difficulties in students whose first language is a language other than English
- provides assistance to regular classroom teachers by designing special teaching programs for students with English language difficulties
- teaches students individually and in small groups out of the regular classroom, or by assisting students within normal classroom settings
- teaches students in basic or advanced English language skills
- may provide advice concerning the community services available to assist students with English language difficulties