2491-17 Drama Teacher (Private)
Teaches students in the practice, theory and performance of drama, in private training establishments.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- instructs and trains performers in camera, stage and vocal techniques and in interpretation of roles in dramatic productions
- selects suitable training methods based on the competence of performers
- conducts readings to evaluate performers' abilities
- advises performers on basic wardrobe, grooming and manner
- teaches correct methods and techniques for auditions for parts in plays and other productions
- assesses competence and provides feedback
- teaches theory of the particular area of study
- may coach actors for specific stage, screen or television performances