UNIT GROUP 2412 PRIMARY SCHOOL TEACHERS
PRIMARY SCHOOL TEACHERS teach a range of subjects within a prescribed curriculum to primary school students and promote students' social, emotional, intellectual and physical development.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- teaching literacy, numeracy, social science, creative expression and physical education skills to primary school students
- developing students' interests, abilities and coordination by way of creative activities
- presenting subject matter using a range of teaching techniques and materials
- guiding discussions and supervising work in class
- testing and evaluating students for individual progress in written and oral work
- discussing students' progress and social, behavioural, and learning problems with parents and school counsellors