Corporate Affairs Officer
Plans, develops, coordinates and implements programs of information dissemination to create an understanding and a favourable view of an organisation, its products, services and role in the community.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- plans and organises publicity campaigns and assigns tasks to researchers and publicity writers
- prepares and controls the issue of news and press releases
- commissions and obtains photographs and other illustrative material
- appraises and revises material submitted by publicity writers, photographers, illustrators and others
- selects written material, photographs and illustrations to create favourable publicity
- undertakes and commissions public opinion research, analyses the findings and plans public relations campaigns
- organises special exhibitions, seminars, entertainment, competitions and social functions to promote goodwill and favourable publicity
- represents organisations and arranges executive interviews with publicity media
- attends business, social and other functions to promote the organisation
- advises executives on the public relations implications of their policies, programs and practices
- may coordinate and oversee the preparation of staff magazines and other internal communications