9219-11 Cement and Concrete Plant Labourer
Performs routine tasks in cement and concrete manufacturing plants and factories.
The entry requirement for this occupation is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- greases and assembles concrete moulds
- holds reinforcing steel in position during concrete pours
- stacks batches of wet concrete moulds coming off production lines
- strips moulds from dried concrete products such as pipes, slabs and blocks
- places products on pallets or racks for curing
- cleans moulds for re-use
- assists in finishing cement and concrete products
- loads products for transport
- cleans equipment and work areas
- may treat products with chemicals and high pressure water jets