UNIT GROUP 1222 PRODUCTION MANAGERS
PRODUCTION MANAGERS plan, administer and review the overall production activities of manufacturing and mining organisations to optimise resource use, minimise costs and maintain quality standards.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- planning the overall production policy of an organisation
- planning details of production activity
- controlling the operation of production plant, quality control procedures and the implementation of safety requirements
- monitoring production and production costs and controlling the preparation of production records and reports
- directing research into production methods, and recommending and implementing initiatives
- informing other managers about production matters
- directing staff activities and monitoring their efficiency