UNIT GROUP 4623 GARDENERS
GARDENERS cultivate and maintain parks and gardens, and inspect, diagnose and treat trees and shrubs.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- preparing and maintaining seedbeds and growing sites
- propagating and planting trees, bushes and hedges, flowers and bulbs
- preparing and maintaining lawn areas by spreading top soil and planting grass, or by laying instant turf
- preparing plans and drawings, selecting materials and plants and scheduling landscape construction
- setting out and installing hardscape and softscape structures
- examining trees to assess their condition and determine treatment
- lopping trees, and spraying and dusting to control insects and disease