UNIT GROUP 6392 VETERINARY NURSES
VETERINARY NURSES care for animals under treatment or in temporary residence at veterinary facilities and assist veterinarians to perform procedures and operations.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least one years relevant experience.
- holding animals to allow examination and treatment by veterinarians
- cleaning and sterilising examination tables and equipment
- preparing instruments and handing them to the veterinarian
- assisting veterinarian to administer anaesthetics and oxygen during operations
- maintaining stock control and records
- placing animals in cages for recovery from operations and monitoring their condition