6311-17 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education Worker
Provides assistance to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, and liaises with educational bodies, government agencies and committees.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- provides assistance to small groups of Aboriginal students
- provides home-school liaison and counselling for Aboriginal students and their families
- organises and participates in camps, excursions and recreational activities
- counsels Aboriginal students
- liaises with Indigenous community organisations and government agencies
- plans or teaches curriculum and promotes and develops Indigenous cultural activities and awareness in the school
Aboriginal Education Worker Co-ordinator
Aboriginal Home School Liaison Officer