Pre-Primary School Teacher
Teaches the basics of numeracy, literacy, music, art and literature to students at pre-primary schools and promotes students' social, emotional, intellectual and physical development.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing is required.
- plans and structures learning in both indoor and outdoor environments using a variety of materials and equipment to facilitate students' development
- provides a variety of experiences and activities to develop motor skills, cooperative social skills, confidence and understanding
- promotes language development through story telling, role play, songs, rhymes and informal discussions held individually or within groups
- observes students to evaluate their progress and to detect signs of ill health, emotional disturbance or other disabilities
- observes nutritional health, welfare and safety needs of students and identifies factors which may impede students' progress
- discusses students' progress with parents
- attends parent interviews, staff and committee meetings
- participates in community and family support programs as appropriate
- supervises student teachers on placement