5993-11 Insurance Agent
Liaises between insurance companies and clients and organises the completion of documentation to provide insurance cover for new and existing clients.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing is required.
- interviews customers to explain insurance policies and conditions, risks covered, premium rates and benefits, and to make recommendations on the amount and type of cover
- compiles lists of prospective clients from directories and other sources
- makes contact with prospective clients to seek interviews and gauge interest
- researches new insurance products to assist current and potential clients
- may collect premiums and keep records of payments
Life Assurance Representative