UNIT GROUP 2391 MEDICAL IMAGING PROFESSIONALS
MEDICAL IMAGING PROFESSIONALS operate radiation producing and other imaging equipment for diagnostic, monitoring or treatment purposes, under the direction of a radiologist or other medical practitioner.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification.
- performing medical imaging on patients according to referral from medical practitioners
- treating patients according to prescription from medical oncology specialists, calculating length and intensity of exposure to radiation and size and strength of dosage of isotopes
- positioning patients, screens and equipment preparatory to procedure
- operating X-ray machines, radiation scanners and fluoroscopes
- compiling electronic or photographic records of tests for diagnostic purposes
- preparing radioactive materials for use in radiation scanning or radiation treatments