UNIT GROUP 8291 CHECKOUT OPERATORS AND CASHIERS
CHECKOUT OPERATORS AND CASHIERS operate cash registers and receive payment for goods purchased by customers or receive and bank takings and make payments.
The entry requirement for this unit group is completion of compulsory secondary school education or higher qualification.
- receiving goods selected by customers, registering and totalling prices on cash register
- processing payments for goods by cash, cheques, gift vouchers, credit or debit cards and other non-cash forms of payment
- issuing sales dockets and giving change
- processing mail and other payment types and arranging banking
- counting and recording money received and balancing against register sales records
- recording and balancing petty cash disbursements