2129-11 Aeronautical Engineer
Performs and supervises engineering work concerned with the design, development, manufacture, maintenance and modification of aircraft for flight.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- designs aircraft, aircraft components and support equipment
- examines aircraft controls, stability and other characteristics in laboratory or flight conditions
- analyses and solves problems arising from experiments to ensure that aircraft are capable of meeting operational conditions
- studies airframes under stress conditions
- supervises the assembly of airframes and the installation of engines, instruments and other equipment
- evaluates test flights to ensure aircraft conform to specifications and safety standards
- authorises modifications, repairs and aircraft maintenance
- consults with other engineers and flight personnel
- may conduct research into aeronautical engineering
Avionics Systems Engineer