4988-11 Power Generation Plant Operator
Operates boilers, turbo generators and associated plant to generate electrical power.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. Registration or licensing is required.
- operates plant controls to produce required load
- monitors operation of power generation plant and interprets instrument readings
- authorises procedures to isolate high voltage and low voltage electrical apparatus and plant
- writes reports and maintains records on equipment performance, instrument readings and switching operations
- carries out routine operating tests
- cleans and services equipment and plant
- coordinates the activities of assistant power plant operators
- may train other staff
- may control automated power plant
Hydro-electric Station Operator
Power Generation Turbine Room Operator