UNIT GROUP 1312 LIVESTOCK FARMERS
LIVESTOCK FARMERS plan, direct, coordinate and perform farming operations to breed and raise livestock.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- breeding and raising livestock for the production of livestock, meat, wool, skins, milk, eggs and honey
- monitoring and maintaining the health of stock, providing pasture and fodder to maintain appropriate nutritional levels and moving stock to optimise feeding opportunities
- organising and conducting farming operations such as catching and loading livestock, shearing, milking, sterilising machines and collecting, grading and packaging of produce
- directing and overseeing general farming activities such as fertilising, pest and weed control and maintaining farm buildings, fences, equipment and water supply systems
- managing business capital, maintaining and evaluating records of farming activities, monitoring market activity and planning production accordingly