UNIT GROUP 6314 PERSONAL CARE AND NURSING ASSISTANTS
PERSONAL CARE AND NURSING ASSISTANTS assist in caring for patients in hospitals, nursing homes, clinics, or the patient's home.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least one years relevant experience.
- assisting clients with their personal care needs such as showering, dressing and eating
- assisting clients with mobility and communication needs and ensuring that messages are passed on
- applying practical intervention procedures for dementia or behavioural problems
- providing daily care to patients under the guidance of a registered nurse
- participating in the planning of care for individual patients
- observing and reporting any changes in condition or any complaints about care to a registered nurse