2222-15 Sales Representative (Medical and Pharmaceutical Products)
Represents companies in selling medical, dental or veterinary equipment, supplies and pharmaceutical products.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- compiles lists of prospective customers using hospital and pharmacy directories and other sources
- visits regular and prospective businesses related to health care, to establish and act on selling opportunities
- assesses customer needs and recommends medical, dental or veterinary equipment, supplies, drugs and medicines to hospitals, pharmacies or other health care practices
- supplies technical information and describes purposes for which supplies may be used and associated regulations
- quotes prices and credit terms, records orders, completes sales contracts and arranges deliveries
- follows up with customers to ensure satisfaction with products purchased and resolves any problems arising
- monitors customers' changing needs, competitor activity and reports on these developments to sales management
- prepares sales reports, and maintains and submits records of business expenses incurred