7292-11 Tyre Production Machine Operator
Assembles and builds new tyres or retreads used tyres and vulcanises them.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- lays casings, beads, ply and rubber sheets on drum moulds to produce new tyres
- operates rollers to remove air from between layers and maintain uniform thickness
- monitors and maintains quality and sizing standards
- prepares used tyres for retreading by removing old rubber, roughening surfaces and producing uniform shape and radius
- applies new tread to used tyres by spraying cement and fitting tread rubber to casings
- operates vulcaniser presses and controls curing processes
- inspects, trims and finishes tyres
- stacks finished products
- may perform tyre and tube repairing, fitting and balancing