UNIT GROUP 2291 HUMAN RESOURCE PROFESSIONALS
HUMAN RESOURCE PROFESSIONALS plan, develop, implement and evaluate staff recruitment, training and development programs and assist in resolving disputes by advising on industrial relations policies and problems, and representing industrial, commercial, union, employer or other organisations in negotiations.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- arranging for advertising of vacancies, interviewing and testing of applicants, and selecting staff
- providing advice and information to management on personnel policies and procedures, staff performance and disciplinary matters
- maintaining personnel records and associated human resource information systems
- undertaking negotiations on terms and conditions of employment, examining and resolving disputes and grievances
- studying and interpreting legislation, awards and agreements, wage payment systems and dispute settlement procedures
- undertaking or assisting in the development, planning and formulation of industrial relations policies and programs, and procedures for their implementation
- identifying and determining the need for training, through identifying competencies and defining training requirements in the work environment
- designing, developing and assessing staff training and development, through the use of plans, programs and methods that support the organisation's human resource development strategy