UNIT GROUP 6311 EDUCATION AIDES
EDUCATION AIDES perform non-teaching duties to assist teaching staff in schools and provide care and supervision for children in pre-schools or provide assistance to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least one years relevant experience.
- demonstrating, supervising and participating in activities which enhance the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of children in schools and pre-school centres
- preparing indoor or outdoor areas for learning or recreational activities
- assisting children with intellectual, physical and behavioural difficulties with their academic studies
- assisting children individually to learn social skills
- assisting with the preparation of teaching aids, and copying and collating written or printed material
- distributing and collecting lesson material
- providing assistance to small groups of Aboriginal students
- providing home-school liaison and counselling for Aboriginal students and their families