Collects, organises and interprets quantifiable data and uses statistical methodologies to produce statistical reports and analyses for government, commercial and other planning purposes.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- liaises with management and clients to determine the area to be surveyed or examined
- specifies the data to be collected and the methodology to be used in collection and analysis
- assists with the selection or development of data collection instruments such as survey questionnaires
- reports on findings, arranges presentation of results
- evaluates and describes the reliability and utility of source information in forms such as summary tables, graphs and charts
- reports significant differences in relationships among sources of data
- may assist in the development of statistical computer programs