Assists parents in the provision of on-going care and supervision for babies and children, usually in the child's home.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- supervises the daily routine of babies and children
- supervises the hygiene of children
- dresses and undresses babies and children
- prepares and serves food and drinks to babies and children
- prepares, and supervises educational and recreational activities for children
- entertains babies and children by reading or playing games
- may undertake some housekeeping duties such as preparing meals, washing up, tidying premises and packing away equipment