UNIT GROUP 2386 SPEECH PATHOLOGISTS
SPEECH PATHOLOGISTS assess and treat people with communication disorders or physical problems associated with eating or swallowing.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification.
- administering tests and observing patients to determine nature and extent of disorders
- planning and conducting programs of remedial exercises to correct stuttering, abnormal articulation and other disorders
- administering individual or group therapy for rehabilitation of patients with communication problems caused by defective hearing, cerebral palsy, surgery or injury
- advising on treatment for children slow in learning to speak
- counselling and guiding language-handicapped individuals, their families, teachers and employers