Census Area Supervisors - 3,500 job opportunities
10 February, 2011
Embargoed: 11.30 am (AEST)
Would you like to combine your passion for the community with a part-time job that helps everyone in Australia?
If the answer is yes, then the Australian Bureau of Statistics has a Census job for you.
In every corner of Australia, 3,500 Area Supervisors are needed to help oversee the distribution and collection of approximately 14.2 million Census forms to Australia’s 9.8 million households.
Head of the Population Census program Paul Lowe says Area Supervisors are crucial to the success of the Census and ensuring that everyone in Australia is accurately counted.
"Area Supervisors make an enormous difference to the quality and accuracy of the data that we produce from the Census.”
“Collecting accurate data to assist with planning decisions has never been more important, particularly in areas across Australia where flood waters have damaged communities,” Mr Lowe added.
Area Supervisors will receive between $4,300 and $7,500 for the part-time position and will be employed from 18 April until 7 October.
More information is available online at www.abs.gov.au/census
Key Census dates
· February 2011 – Recruitment of Area Supervisors begins.
· 2 - 4 March 2011 – Census ‘Beyond the Count’ conference.
· Early April 2011 – Recruitment of Census Collectors begins.
· 28 July 2011 – eCensus opens to the public.
· 9 August 2011 – Census night.
· 10 August – Early September 2011 – Collection of Census forms.
· June 2012 – The first results from the 2011 Census will be released.