Marriage Law Postal Survey materials are on their way!
|Page tools: Print Page Print All|
Australian Marriage Law Postal Survey materials are on their way!
The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) has started the progressive delivery of Australian Marriage Law Postal Survey materials to more than 16 million eligible Australians.
Over the next two weeks, packages containing the survey form, a Reply Paid envelope and survey instructions will be mailed to eligible Australians on the Commonwealth Electoral Roll to collect their views on whether the law should be changed to allow same-sex couples to marry.
ABS Deputy Australian Statistician and Taskforce Lead, Jonathan Palmer, encouraged people to complete their forms and return them straight away using the Reply Paid envelope provided.
“Look out for your survey form in the mail, complete and return it without delay to make sure your response counts,” he said.
Mr Palmer said ABS had implemented options to ensure every eligible Australian could participate in the survey, with arrangements in place for Australians:
• Living in remote areas, including remote location visits,
• Travelling, working or serving overseas,
• Experiencing homelessness
• Living in other territories (such as Norfolk Island),
• In residential aged care, and
• From culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Australia Post Acting Managing Director and Group CEO Christine Corbett said they were confident in its capacity to deliver the survey forms to the highest service levels.
“Our posties will continue to do the fantastic job that they do every day – delivering and collecting mail right across the country. We call on the community to respect the job they are doing during this process.”
Detailed information about the survey is available from www.marriagesurvey.abs.gov.au or by calling the Information Line on 1800 572 113 from 8am to 8pm (AEST), seven days a week. If calling from outside of Australia, call +61 2 6252 5262.
Key dates for the Australian Marriage Law Postal Survey are:
• Mail out of Australian Marriage Law Postal Survey materials will take place over a two-week period, starting on 12 September 2017.
• Requests for a replacement form opens 25 September and closes on Friday 20 October 2017, at 6pm (AEST).
• All eligible Australians are encouraged to return their survey form straight away
• Results of the Australian Marriage Law Postal Survey will be published on the ABS website on 15 November 2017.
Media Enquiries: Marriage Survey Media Line - 1800 683 051, email@example.com
These documents will be presented in a new window.