MAY KEY FIGURES
April 2019 to May 2019
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
MAY KEY POINTS
Monthly Turnover, Current Prices - Trend Estimate
- The trend estimate rose 0.2% in May 2019. This follows a rise of 0.2% in April 2019, and a rise of 0.2% in March 2019.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate rose 0.1% in May 2019. This follows a fall of 0.1% in April 2019, and a rise of 0.3% in March 2019.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 2.7% in May 2019 compared with May 2018.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in May 2019: Food retailing (0.2%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.3%), Other retailing (0.2%), and Department stores (0.3%). Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (0.0%) was relatively unchanged. Household goods retailing (-0.1%) fell in trend terms in May 2019.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in May 2019: Queensland (0.4%), Victoria (0.3%), South Australia (0.4%), the Northern Territory (0.3%), and the Australian Capital Territory (0.2%). New South Wales (0.0%) and Tasmania (0.0%) were relatively unchanged. Western Australia (-0.2%) fell in trend terms in May 2019.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|June 2019 ||2 August 2019|
|July 2019 ||3 September 2019|
|August 2019 ||4 October 2019|
|September 2019 ||4 November 2019|
|October 2019 ||5 December 2019|
|November 2019 ||10 January 2020|
This issue includes online retail turnover estimates for the May 2019 reference month. The estimates are provided and explained in the appendix section of this publication.
The ABS intends to cease publishing a PDF as part of the release of Retail Trade (cat. no. 8501.0). All of the information that is contained in the PDF will be available elsewhere in this release. The June 2019 issue is expected to be the final release with a PDF. Please contact email@example.com should you have any concerns.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication:
- Monthly retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sectors, by six industry groups and also by state in original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail chain volume measures by six industry groups and also by state in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail turnover per capita in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly sales to households by selected service industries in original terms
- Quarterly measures of total retail turnover per capita.