OCTOBER KEY FIGURES
September 2017 to October 2017
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
OCTOBER KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate fell 0.1% in October 2017. This follows a relatively unchanged estimate (0.0%) in September 2017, and a relatively unchanged estimate (0.0%) in August 2017.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate rose 0.5% in October 2017. This follows a rise of 0.1% in September 2017 and a fall of 0.6% in August 2017.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 1.6% in October 2017 compared with October 2016.
- The following industries fell in trend terms in October 2017: Household goods retailing (-0.6%), Other retailing (-0.2%), and Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (-0.1%). Food retailing (0.1%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.1%), and Department stores (0.2%) rose in trend terms in October 2017.
- The following states and territories fell in trend terms in October 2017: Western Australia (-0.3%), Queensland (-0.1%), Victoria (-0.1%), the Northern Territory (-0.4%), the Australian Capital Territory (-0.2%), and Tasmania (-0.1%). New South Wales (0.0%) was relatively unchanged. South Australia (0.1%) rose in trend terms in October 2017.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|November 2017 ||11 January 2018|
|December 2017 ||6 February 2018|
|January 2018 ||6 March 2018|
|February 2018 ||4 April 2018|
|March 2018 ||8 May 2018|
|April 2018 ||4 June 2018|
This issue includes updated online retail turnover estimates for the October 2017 reference month and updated consumer sales estimates for the September 2017 quarter.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors. For information on seasonal adjustment and trend estimation please refer to the explanatory notes of this publication.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication:
- Monthly retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sectors, by six industry groups and also by state in original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail chain volume measures by six industry groups and also by state in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail turnover per capita in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly sales to households by selected service industries in original terms.