OCTOBER KEY FIGURES
Sep 09 to Oct 09
|Turnover at current prices |
|Trend estimates |
|Seasonally adjusted estimates |
OCTOBER KEY POINTS
Current prices -
- The trend estimate increased 0.2% in October 2009. This follows 0.3% in both September 2009 and August 2009.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate increased 0.3% in October 2009. This follows a decrease of 0.2% in September 2009 and an increase of 0.5% in August 2009.
- In original terms, Australian turnover increased 6.6% in October 2009. Australian turnover increased 6.0% in October 2009 compared with October 2008.
- In trend terms, Food retailing (0.2%), Department stores (0.3%), and Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (1.1%) increased in October 2009. Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (-0.1%) and Other Retailing (-0.1%) decreased and Household good retailing was unchanged.
- The following states increased in trend terms: New South Wales (0.5%), Victoria (0.2%), Western Australia (0.3%), Tasmania (0.5%), the Northern Territory (0.6%) and the Australian Capital Territory (0.1%). Queensland (-0.1%) decreased and South Australia was unchanged.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|November 2009 ||7 January 2010|
|December 2009 ||4 February 2010|
|January 2010 ||2 March 2010|
|February 2010 ||31 March 2010|
|March 2010 ||6 May 2010|
|April 2010 ||1 June 2010|
There are no changes in this issue.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication, the quarterly chain volume measures and the following additional current price monthly series:
- Retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by six industry groups in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by state in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or Katlean Pussell on Sydney (02) 9268 4568.