OCTOBER KEY FIGURES
September 2015 to October 2015
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
OCTOBER KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate rose 0.3% in October 2015. This follows a rise of 0.3% in September 2015 and a rise of 0.3% in August 2015.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate rose 0.5% in October 2015. This follows a rise of 0.4% in September 2015 and a rise of 0.4% in August 2015.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 3.9% in October 2015 compared with October 2014.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in October 2015: Food retailing (0.3%), Household goods retailing (0.4%), Other retailing (0.5%), Department stores (0.7%) and Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.1%). Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (-0.1%) fell in trend terms in October 2015.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in October 2015: Victoria (0.6%), New South Wales (0.4%), Western Australia (0.3%), Queensland (0.1%), Tasmania (0.5%), South Australia (0.2%) and the Northern Territory (0.1%). The Australian Capital Territory (-0.1%) fell in trend terms in October 2015.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|November 2015 ||8 January 2016|
|December 2015 ||5 February 2016|
|January 2016 ||4 March 2016|
|February 2016 ||4 April 2016|
|March 2016 ||5 May 2016|
|April 2016 ||2 June 2016|
This issue includes updated online retail turnover estimates for the October 2015 reference month and updated consumer sales estimates for the September 2015 quarter.
In line with the aim of improving coverage of Household Final Consumption Expenditure provided by this publication, Appendix 2 Experimental Estimates of Consumer Sales, has now also been expanded to include quarterly estimates of Telecommunication Services.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors. For information on seasonal adjustment and trend estimation please refer to the explanatory notes of this publication.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication:
- Monthly retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sectors, by six industry groups and also by state in original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail chain volume measures by six industry groups and also by state in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail turnover per capita in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly sales to households by selected service industries in original terms.