FEBRUARY KEY FIGURES
January 2019 to February 2019
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
FEBRUARY KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate rose 0.2% in February 2019. This follows a rise of 0.2% in January 2019, and a rise of 0.2% in December 2018.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate rose 0.8% in February 2019. This follows a rise of 0.1% in January 2019, and a fall of 0.4% in December 2018.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 2.9% in February 2019 compared with February 2018.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in February 2019: Food retailing (0.4%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.2%), and Other retailing (0.1%). Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (0.0%) was relatively unchanged. Household goods retailing (-0.2%), and Department stores (-0.2%) fell in trend terms in February 2019.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in February 2019: New South Wales (0.2%), Queensland (0.3%), Victoria (0.2%), Western Australia (0.3%), and the Australian Capital Territory (0.1%). South Australia (0.0%) was relatively unchanged. Tasmania (-0.2%), and the Northern Territory (-0.2%) fell in trend terms in February 2019.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|March 2019 ||7 May 2019|
|April 2019 ||4 June 2019|
|May 2019 ||4 July 2019|
|June 2019 ||2 August 2019|
|July 2019 ||3 September 2019|
|August 2019 ||4 October 2019|
This issue includes online retail turnover estimates for the February 2019 reference month. The estimates are provided and explained in the appendix section of this publication.
The ABS intends to cease publishing a PDF as part of the release of Retail Trade (cat. no. 8501.0). All of the information that is contained in the PDF will be available elsewhere in this release. The June quarter 2019 issue, released on 2 August 2019, is expected to be the final release with a PDF. Should you have any concerns regarding this transition, please contact email@example.com.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication:
- Monthly retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sectors, by six industry groups and also by state in original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail chain volume measures by six industry groups and also by state in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail turnover per capita in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly sales to households by selected service industries in original terms
- Quarterly measures of total retail turnover per capita.