AUGUST KEY FIGURES
July 2019 to August 2019
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
AUGUST KEY POINTS
Monthly Turnover, Current Prices - Trend Estimate
- The trend estimate rose 0.1% in August 2019. This follows a rise of 0.2% in July 2019, and a rise of 0.2% in June 2019.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate rose 0.4% in August 2019. This follows a relatively unchanged result (0.0%) in July 2019, and a rise of 0.3% in June 2019.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 2.3% in August 2019 compared with August 2018.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in August 2019: Food retailing (0.1%), Other retailing (0.3%), Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (0.3%), and Household goods retailing (0.1%). Cafes, restaurants and takeaway services (-0.1%), and Department stores (-0.1%) fell in trend terms in August 2019.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in August 2019: Victoria (0.2%), Western Australia (0.3%), Queensland (0.1%), Tasmania (0.4%), and the Australian Capital Territory (0.2%). New South Wales (0.0%), South Australia (0.0%), and the Northern Territory (0.0%) were all relatively unchanged in August 2019.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|September 2019 ||4 November 2019|
|October 2019 ||5 December 2019|
|November 2019 ||10 January 2020|
|December 2019 ||6 February 2020|
|January 2020 ||6 March 2020|
|February 2020 ||3 April 2020|
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors.
This issue includes online retail turnover estimates for the August 2019 reference. The estimates are provided and explained in the appendix section of this publication.
TIME SERIES DATA
- Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication:
- Monthly retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sectors, by six industry groups and also by state in original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail chain volume measures by six industry groups and also by state in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail turnover per capita in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly sales to households by selected service industries in original terms
- Quarterly measures of total retail turnover per capita.