AUGUST KEY FIGURES
July 2014 to August 2014
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
AUGUST KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate rose 0.2% in August 2014. This follows a rise of 0.2% in July 2014 and a rise of 0.2% in June 2014.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate rose 0.1% in August 2014. This follows a rise of 0.4% in July 2014 and a rise of 0.6% in June 2014.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 5.0% in August 2014 compared with August 2013.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in August 2014: Food retailing (0.3%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.3%) and Other retailing (0.2%). Household goods retailing was relatively unchanged (0.0%). Department stores (-0.2%) and Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (-0.1%) fell in trend terms in August 2014.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in August 2014: New South Wales (0.3%), Victoria (0.3%), Western Australia (0.2%), South Australia (0.2%), the Australian Capital Territory (0.4%) and Tasmania (0.3%). Queensland (-0.1%) and the Northern Territory (-0.1%) fell in trend terms in August 2014.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|September 2014 ||4 November 2014|
|October 2014 ||4 December 2014|
|November 2014 ||9 January 2015|
|December 2014 ||5 February 2015|
|January 2015 ||5 March 2015|
|February 2015 ||7 April 2015|
This issue includes updated online retail turnover estimates for the August 2014 reference month. These estimates are provided and explained within the appendix section of this publication.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication:
- Monthly retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sectors, by six industry groups and also by state in original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail chain volume measures by six industry groups and also by state in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail turnover per capita in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly sales to households by selected service industries in original terms.
outlines how the ABS will handle any personal information that you provide to us.