APRIL KEY FIGURES
March 2015 to April 2015
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
APRIL KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate rose 0.3% in April 2015. This follows a rise of 0.3% in March 2015 and a rise of 0.3% in February 2015.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate was relatively unchanged (0.0%) in April 2015. This follows a rise of 0.2% in March 2015 and a rise of 0.7% in February 2015.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 4.4% in April 2015 compared with April 2014.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in April 2015: Food retailing (0.2%), Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (1.0%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.4%), Household goods retailing (0.2%), Other retailing (0.3%) and Department stores (0.2%).
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in April 2015: Victoria (0.4%), Queensland (0.4%), New South Wales (0.2%), South Australia (0.3%), Western Australia (0.1%), Tasmania (0.4%) and the Australian Capital Territory (0.1%). The Northern Territory was relatively unchanged (0.0%).
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|May 2015 ||3 July 2015|
|June 2015 ||4 August 2015|
|July 2015 ||3 September 2015|
|August 2015 ||2 October 2015|
|September 2015 ||4 November 2015|
|October 2015 ||4 December 2015|
This issue includes updated online retail turnover estimates for the April 2015 reference month and updated consumer sales estimates for the March 2015 quarter. These estimates are provided and explained within the appendix section of this publication.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors. For information on seasonal adjustment and trend estimation please refer to the explanatory notes of this publication.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication:
- Monthly retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sectors, by six industry groups and also by state in original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail chain volume measures by six industry groups and also by state in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail turnover per capita in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly sales to households by selected service industries in original terms.
Inquiries about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070.