NOVEMBER KEY FIGURES
Oct 2010 to Nov 2010
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
NOVEMBER KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate was relatively unchanged (0.0%) in November 2010. This follows a similarly unchanged estimate (0.0%) in October 2010 and a rise of 0.1% in September 2010.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate rose 0.3% in November 2010. This follows a revised fall of 0.8% in October 2010 and a rise of 0.1% in September 2010.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 2.3% in November 2010 compared with November 2009.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in November 2010: Food retailing (0.1%), Household goods retailing (0.3%) and Other retailing (0.1%). Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (-0.5%), Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (-0.8%) and Department stores (-0.2%) fell in trend terms in November 2010.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in November 2010: Victoria (0.2%), Western Australia (0.3%), the Australian Capital Territory (0.3%) and Tasmania (0.1%). New South Wales (-0.3%), Queensland (-0.1%), the Northern Territory (-1.1%) and South Australia (-0.1%) fell in trend terms in November 2010.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|December 2010 ||7 February 2011|
|January 2011 ||1 March 2011|
|February 2011 ||31 March 2011|
|March 2011 ||5 May 2011|
|April 2011 ||2 June 2011|
|May 2011 ||4 July 2011|
There are no changes in this issue.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication, the quarterly chain volume measures and the following additional current price monthly series:
- Retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by six industry groups in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by state in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or Katlean Pussell on Sydney (02) 9268 4568.