JULY KEY FIGURES
June 2017 to July 2017
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
JULY KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate rose 0.3% in July 2017. This follows a rise of 0.4% in June 2017 and a rise of 0.4% in May 2017.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate was relatively unchanged (0.0%) in July 2017. This follows a rise of 0.2% in June 2017 and a rise of 0.6% in May 2017.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 3.5% in July 2017 compared with July 2016.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in July 2017: Food retailing (0.2%), Other retailing (0.6%), Household goods retailing (0.4%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.4%), and Clothing footwear and personal accessory retailing (0.6%). Department stores (-0.3%) fell in trend terms in July 2017.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in July 2017: New South Wales (0.4%), Victoria (0.4%), Queensland (0.2%), Western Australia (0.2%), South Australia (0.2%), Tasmania (0.5%), the Australian Capital Territory (0.3%), and the Northern Territory (0.4%).
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|August 2017 ||5 October 2017|
|September 2017 ||3 November 2017|
|October 2017 ||5 December 2017|
|November 2017 ||11 January 2018|
|December 2017 ||6 February 2018|
|January 2018 ||6 March 2018|
This issue includes updated online retail turnover estimates for the July 2017 reference month and updated consumer sales estimates for the June 2017 quarter.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors. For information on seasonal adjustment and trend estimation please refer to the explanatory notes of this publication.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication:
- Monthly retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sectors, by six industry groups and also by state in original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail chain volume measures by six industry groups and also by state in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail turnover per capita in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly sales to households by selected service industries in original terms.